Hobart Local Services
Hobart ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Hobart site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Hobart Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Hobart When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Hobart Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Hobart Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Hobart ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Hobart and a Place to Meet
The hobart.place Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Hobart
Interesting Facts About Hobart, Tasmania
Hobart is the capital city of Tasmania, an island state of Australia. Here are some interesting facts about the region:
1. The first Europeans arrived in Hobart in 1803 and it was named after Lord Hobart, the British Secretary of State for War and the Colonies at that time.
2. Hobart is Australia's second oldest capital city after Sydney.
3. Hobart's Mount Wellington is an iconic landmark that towers over the city, reaching a height of 1,271 meters. It is often snow-capped in winter.
4. Hobart's Salamanca Market is one of Australia's most vibrant outdoor markets. It is held every Saturday and features over 300 stallholders selling local produce, crafts, and artworks.
5. The Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens in Hobart are Australia's second-oldest botanical gardens, opened in 1818. They are home to over 6,500 species of plants from around the world, including a collection of rare and endangered Tasmanian plants.
6. Hobart's Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) is one of the world's most innovative and controversial art galleries. It features a challenging and diverse range of modern and contemporary art, including pieces that are often challenging and confronting.
7. Hobart is home to the Cascade Brewery, Australia's oldest continuously operating brewery, founded in 1832. The brewery produces a range of beers, including the famous Cascade Pale Ale.
8. Hobart has a rich maritime history and is home to the Maritime Museum of Tasmania. It features displays and exhibits that tell the story of Tasmania's seafaring past, including the convict ships that arrived in Hobart's docks.
9. Hobart is a foodie's paradise, with an abundance of fresh local produce and seafood. It is home to some of Tasmania's best restaurants, including the award-winning Franklin and Garagistes.
10. Hobart's Museum and Art Gallery is home to a fascinating collection of Tasmanian natural and cultural history, including a display of preserved thylacine specimens - the Tasmanian Tiger, which is now extinct.
These are just a few interesting facts about the beautiful and unique region of Hobart, Tasmania.